A social entrepreneur is defined as a person who establishes an enterprise with the aim of solving social problems or affecting social change. In the face of coronavirus, among many other global challenges, social entrepreneurs are needed now more than ever to address societal issues.
You can submit your idea proposed or program that already run in the context of social entrepreneurship through orange button “SUBMIT YOUR IDEA/PROGRAM HERE”.
- Entry Deadline for application is on Monday the 1st of March 2021.
- The TOP 13 finalists will be announced on Friday the 5th of March 2021.
- The virtual pitching competition is on Monday the 8th of March 2021 at 10:00 AM UTC+7 time.
METHOD OF SUBMISSION [SUBMISSIONS ARE FREE]:
(1) Register via the ‘SUBMIT YOUR IDEA/PROGRAM HERE button, and submit your 3-minute video.
(2) Submit your POSTER to illustrate and present your idea/concept/program for creating social impact – see guidelines here – https://f1000research.com/gateways/rsf/for-authors/posters-and-slides-guidelines.
(3) Create a short TikTok video to tell us why you ‘care’ and use hashtag #ResearchSynergy #UCBEducation #Prokompas and #SECHALLENGE2021
WHAT IS IN THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM?:
Entrants must submit a description of their concept/idea (250 words max) and a POSTER.
There will be a Grand Prize Winner, First Runner-Up, Second Runner-Up and People’s Choice Award Winner for each country.
AGE GROUP & COUNTRY:
17 to 25-year-old students from Indonesia, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Australia, Spain and Poland can pitch their solutions to social, environmental, cultural, and economic problems.
Creativity (45%), Storytelling (10%), Innovation (40%), Special Category: Refer to one Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) in your concept (5%).
- USD 500,
- 3-weeks intensive e-course on social entrepreneurship and access to impact investors,
- A voucher to participate in the international conference.
- You will also receive a full day (free) eco-cycling tour in Bali by UCB (drop-off, pick up, lunch included and free tea and coffee samples).
Selected TOP 13 finalists from each country will have the opportunity to learn more about social entrepreneurship, and be equipped with investment readiness support and tailored 2 months e-mentorship to help them scale their solutions.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS: We will be casting your TikTok videos publicly on our website and social media channels to allow everyone to take part in voting for their favourite social solution. Each student who creates a short TikTok video telling us why you care will receive (1) Voucher for attending the Virtual International Conference by RSF, and (2) Voucher of AUD $15 towards an eco-cycling tour in Bali by UCB.